With so many summer programs to consider, it can be difficult to choose the right one for you or your child. There are many music camps, dance intensives, and theater programs hosted by notable institutions such as Interlochen, Juilliard, Belmont University, New York University, and the New School, among others. How do Berklee’s summer programs differ from the rest?
At Berklee Summer Programs, you will take the skills you already possess—your creative voice, musicianship, technical ability, and motivation—and advance them with learning opportunities that are unmatched, and faculty who are at the forefront of the industry. We are the premier place for students to grow and develop their talents in a truly global community of artists.
Anyone Can Pursue Their Passions—No Audition Required
Most of our summer programs have open registration, which means you only need to complete the online registration and submit your payment to reserve your spot in a summer program. You may register for programs that cover topics such as music performance, music production, songwriting, composition, dance, theater, or music entrepreneurship.
World-Class Faculty and Visiting Artists
Our faculty are Grammy-, Oscar-, and Tony-winning artists who are dedicated to helping you learn how to succeed in today’s performing arts and entertainment industries. In addition to our world-renowned undergraduate faculty, Berklee summer program participants learn from acclaimed visiting artists. Recent guests include Jacob Collier, Charlie Puth, Esperanza Spalding, and Ebony Williams.
Connect with Peers from Around the World
Each summer, Berklee welcomes students across the globe to its campus in the heart of Boston. More than 3,000 students travel from over 70 countries to hone their craft, make global connections, and collaborate with other like-minded musicians, actors, and dancers.
Explore the City of Boston
Located in historic Back Bay, Berklee’s Boston campus is an easy commute to many iconic venues throughout the city, including the House of Blues, Boston Symphony Hall, and the Boston Opera House. You can also choose to spend your summer at our campus in Valencia, Spain, or attend a program hosted in Los Angeles, California.
Earn College Credit
Our most popular and comprehensive program, Aspire: Five-Week Music Performance Intensive, lets you earn college credit as you enhance your performance skills, groove with a band, and take private music lessons.
Apply to Our Undergraduate Programs for Free
Any student who attends a Berklee summer program is entitled to a fee waiver when applying for admission to the undergraduate programs at Berklee College of Music or Boston Conservatory at Berklee.
Past Visiting Artists
Through clinics and workshops, practicing professionals will provide you with practical tips distilled from their experiences working within the industry. Whether a household name or a behind-the-scenes player, industry leaders love Berklee because they’re eager to share their advice on what it takes to succeed artistically, professionally, and personally with the next generation of creatives.
We invite you to read the stories of some of the artists who have visited over the past few years:
- Jacob Collier, Grammy-winning arranger and multi-instrumentalist
- Crissy Collins, background vocalist for Beyoncé
- Dave Ellefson, bassist for Megadeth
- Cory Henry, organist for Snarky Puppy
- Khiyon Hursey B.M. '14, music assistant on Hamilton
- Lori McKenna, Grammy-winning songwriter
- Charlie Puth B.M. '13, chart-topping songwriter and performer
- Esperanza Spalding B.M. '05, Grammy-winning bassist
- Tony Succar, Latin Grammy–winning producer and percussionist
- Victor Wooten, Grammy-winning bassist
- Chanticleer, Grammy-winning vocal ensemble
- Clarice Young, former principal dancer and rehearsal director for Ronald K. Brown/Evidence, A Dance Company
- Darrell Grand Moultrie, choreographer for American Ballet Theatre, Ballet X, Dance Theatre of Harlem, and Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre
- Elena Gutierrez, Broadway National Tour actor in Mamma Mia! and dancer in the film Across the Universe
- Herman Payne, Aspen Ballet Company dancer and Broadway performer
- Iyun Ashani Harrison, choreographer and former dancer with Dance Theatre of Harlem and Ballet Hispanico of New York
- Jamal Story, dancer for Madonna and Cher
- Kate Skarpetowska, choreographer, reconstructor, and former dancer with Lar Lubovitch Dance Company, David Parsons Dance
- Kyle Brown, Broadway actor in Anastasia, Legally Blonde, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, and An American in Paris
- Nick Adams, Broadway actor in Chicago, The Pirate Queen, A Chorus Line, and Guys and Dolls
- Roderick George, acclaimed performer with the Forsythe Company, Basel Ballet, and Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet
- Sarah Grooms, Radio City Rockette
- Tyler Hanes, Broadway actor in Oklahoma!, Hairspray, Cats, and A Chorus Line
Summer Programs Alumni
Over 30 percent of Berklee Summer Programs students go on to attend Berklee as undergraduate students, so it’s no surprise that many of our past summer students have forged successful careers in the music industry. While it would be impossible to represent the complete scope, the individuals below should give you a good idea of the many remarkable things our alumni have gone on to achieve.
- Meghan Trainor, singer-songwriter
- Charlie Puth, songwriter and performer
- Jon Batiste, multi-instrumentalist and former band leader of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Betty Who, singer-songwriter
- James Valentine, lead guitarist for Maroon 5
- Daniel J. Platzman, drummer for Imagine Dragons
- Greg Kurstin, producer, engineer, composer (Adele, Carly Rae Jepsen, Taylor Swift)
- Lisa Loeb, singer-songwriter
- Robert Glasper, jazz pianist and record producer
- Sam Cohen, producer and songwriter (Norah Jones, Shakira)
- Nathan Berla Shulock, sound designer for PlayStation, Xbox, and mobile games
- Romain F. Collin, jazz pianist, bandleader, and sideman (Christian McBride, Lauryn Hill, Mike Stern)
- Erick Coomes, bassist for Lettuce and recording artist (Dr. Dre, Eminem, the Game)
- Lucas Vidal, film score composer (Fast and Furious 6, The Raven, Sleep Tight)
- Casey Driessen, fiddler and director of Berklee’s Contemporary Performance (Production Concentration) graduate program
- Jackie Foster, season 14 contestant on The Voice
- Ezra H. Matychak, sound department at Saturday Night Live, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
- Shinnosuke Miyazawa, score mixer, film music engineer (Spectre, Wreck-It Ralph, WALL-E)
- Michael K. Torres, touring and recording bassist (Selena Gomez, Macy Gray, Three Dog Night)
- Kristin E. Weber, music educator and performing violinist (Michael Bublé, Eric Church, Lee Ann Womack, Kacey Musgraves)
- Bradley Gibson, Broadway actor in The Lion King, A Bronx Tale, and Rocky
- Ebony Williams, dancer for Beyoncé (known for the “Single Ladies” music video), associate choreographer for Lin-Manuel Miranda’s In the Heights movie
- Kristen Welsh, Radio City Rockette
- Li-Yin Chen, danced with Ballet Hispanico of New York, Boston Ballet, Houston Ballet, and Alberta Ballet
- Sean Harrison Jones, Action in Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story
- Yan Jun Chin, dancer with Pfalztheater in Germany
- Zach Jones, Broadway actor in Cats and Beetlejuice