Take your first steps in joining the Berklee community.
Reserve your spot by following the instructions below. You will receive a confirmation email after you have submitted your registration form and paid your registration fee and tuition in full.
Our Musical Theater Acting Intensive and Vocal/Choral Intensive programs require you to prepare and submit additional application materials along with your registration form. Once we have reviewed your materials, you will be notified of your decision via email. Due to limited availability, you must accept your offer and pay your tuition in full in order to reserve your spot in the program.
- Submit your registration. If applicable, you may need to submit additional supporting materials.
- Make your tuition payment. All programs have limited capacity, so be sure to complete your full tuition payment to reserve your space in the program.
- The registration fee and tuition are due in full for all programs with the exception of Aspire: Five-Week. Aspire students only need to pay the registration fee at the time of registration.
- Request housing. If you will be age 15 or older by the start of your Boston-based program and require on-campus accommodations, complete the Residence Hall Contract in the Next Steps tab of your registration portal.
- Complete your next steps. Visit the Next Steps section of your account to view and complete any additional requirements. Review the checklist to make sure you are on track.
Our programs are designed to accommodate a variety of levels of musicality and performance. Whether you are enrolling in a performance-based or a skill-based program, we have a place for you. Class placement for our performance-based programs is generally based on your submission of placement audition materials. Our skill-based programs may allow you to choose the level that works best for you. To learn more about how class placement works visit our class placement Help Center article.
On-Campus Housing Availability
Berklee is able to provide housing accommodations with all-you-can-eat meals included in the cost of housing for any participating Summer Programs student as long as you are 15 or older by the start date of a Boston-based program. You can request housing accommodations by completing the Residence Hall Contract in our registration portal. If you are registered for multiple programs, you must complete a housing agreement for each individual program.
Please complete and submit the Residence Hall Contract, then make the housing payment when prompted on the subsequent screen. If you are attending multiple summer programs, please fill out a separate form and payment for each program. On-campus housing capacity is limited, so apply and pay early to reserve your spot.
How to Pay
The preferred method of payment is through the registration portal. Acceptable payment methods include credit and debit cards, and e-check. Note that credit and debit card payments are subject to a 2.5 percent service charge that is non-refundable by Berklee. There is no service charge for EFT/electronic checks. You can learn more about this and alternative payment methods offered through this Help Center article.
For all of Berklee’s Summer Programs, with the exception of the Aspire: Five-Week Music Performance Intensive, the full cost of tuition must be paid alongside the registration fee at the point of registration and/or admission. The Aspire: Five-Week Music Performance Intensive is the only program that allows for tuition payments to be completed in separate installments. All housing payments for any of our Boston-based programs can be made in installments, if desired. However, the only way we can guarantee your spot in our on-campus residence halls is if your housing is paid in full—we cannot guarantee your space even if partial payments have been made towards your housing fee.
Berklee offers a variety of full and partial merit-based scholarships for students attending the Aspire: Five-Week Music Performance Intensive. In the event you receive a scholarship from Berklee after already having paid your tuition in full, you will be reimbursed for any excess balance on your account once you have fully checked in to your program.
International Student Requirements
Berklee Summer Programs welcomes students from all over the world to join us.
The US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requires that any student who is not a US citizen participating in the Aspire: Five-Week Music Performance Intensive apply for an F-1 student visa. Information on I-20 and F-1 visa procedures will be shared with registered students beginning in late January or February. If you are already in the US on a different visa status or hold an F-1 status at another institution, please consult with our Summer International team as soon as possible.
You may find these Help Center articles helpful:
- Enrollment Requirements for International Students
- US Visa Requirements for International Students
- Visa Appointment Wait Times
- International Travel Insurance
Registration opens annually in autumn and remains open until the corresponding payment deadline or until the program reaches capacity. Payment deadlines are as follows:
- May 1: Payment deadline for June programs
- June 1: Payment deadline for July programs
- July 1: Payment deadline for August programs
Reference your program’s page for payment deadlines and check-in/check-out times.
Scholarship application deadlines can be found on the Scholarships Page.
Access Our Help Center
Explore some of these top articles from our Help Center.
- Registration and Application Instructions
- How to Know if Housing is Confirmed
- Summer Programs Accommodations
- Supervision for Summer Programs Students Under 18
- How to Access the Magnus Health Portal
- Berklee Summer Programs Immunization Requirements
- How to Access Your Student ID Number
- Program Check-In: Requirements and Process
- Arriving Late to Your Program